Common Breast Cancer SymptomsPosted at February 23, 2018 by aDmin on category Cancer
Breast Cancer – Breasts can change with age and at different times of the month. It’s important to do breast self-examination every month so that it is easier to recognize if there are any unusual changes in your breast.
Below mentioned are some breast cancer signs and symptoms which can help you understand what breast changes to look out for.
Lumps are very important to look out for, and for many women, the first sign or symptom of breast cancer is a lump in their breast. But many women have breast lumps and most of them are benign (not cancerous), and there are other important signs and symptoms too.
A Change in the feeling of touching Breast or Nipple
- Nipple tenderness or a lump or thickening in or near the breast or underarm area
- A change in the skin texture or an enlargement of pores in the skin of the breast (some describe this as similar to an orange peels texture)
- A lump in the breast (All lumps are not cancerous but it’s important to remember that all lumps should be investigated by a healthcare professional.)
A Change in The Breast or Nipple Appearance
- Any change in the size or shape of the breast
- Dimpling on the breast
- Swelling of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Shrinkage of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Recent asymmetry of the breasts (Although it is common for women to have one breast that is slightly larger than the other if the onset of asymmetry is recent, it should be checked.)
- Nipple that is turned slightly inward or inverted
- Skin of the breast, areola, or nipple that becomes scaly, red, or swollen or may have ridges or pitting resembling the skin of an orange.
Any Nipple Discharge Especially Bloody Discharge
It is also important to note that a milky discharge that is present when a woman is not breastfeeding should be checked by her doctor, although it is not linked to breast cancer.
Most often, these symptoms are not due to cancer, but any breast cancer symptom you notice should be checked and investigated by a doctor as soon as it is discovered.